Wednesday 3 October 2012

Editing the Preliminary Task


      During the editing process I have learned different techniques/styles of editing in Final Cut Pro 7. I was taught how to use Final Cut Pro some time ago in the past couple of years, but I haven't used it and I became a bit rusty, but the tutorial that we had with Matt had helped me to get back into editing with Final Cut Pro. When we had opened Final Cut the first thing that we had to do was to import the footage into the Browser. As we had been looking in the browser the next assignment that we had to do was to organise the footage and either but it in two different folders, one which was the bin where to put the footage that did not work out and then there was the Log folder where we would put the successful footage that had worked out and that we would use.

     The next thing that we had to do was to roughly set out the footage throughout the timeline in order to have some idea on how are we going to have the video in the end. From the point that we set out every footage we cut out the put everything together

     From this experience I have learned how to add footage by dragging it into the preview screen. On the timeline I used the cut tool and the dragging tool to edit my footage, and in order to preview the sequence I used the J key to rewind backwards, the L key to fast forward, the K key to pause and the space bar to play and pause.

No comments:

Post a Comment